Monday, December 7, 2009

Glove Weather

It's really cold today. This is the first time this year I've had to wear gloves. I love my gloves and am more than happy to wear them again. This is my favorite time of the year. Things I like about it:

Hot chocolate
Snow
Christmas music
Revived winter coat (I knew this day would come!)
Earmuffs
Sweaters
Less people out
Boots
Christmas feasts with my roommates
Gloves
Cold temperatures
Midnight mass
Christmas carols

That's just a fraction of my list. I could keep going, but it would probably get ridiculous. I've been thinking about my family's traditions and I wonder about others'. We've been doing the same things since I was a baby. One thing I don't do anymore is play out in the snow.  It's just too much work to prep yourself to go out. Not worth it for a snowball fight where someone for sure will hit you in the face and an out-of-control sled ride that ends with you bailing out before you hit a tree. (Or if you're my sister, Loo, you'll forget and crash headfirst into an apple tree while your sisters, who bailed out, watch in horror from up above.)

Speaking of snow, we had our first winter snow here in the Big Apple this past Saturday. It was beautiful, but unfortunately it was really wet. It made me really excited and ready for the Holidays. Snow gets everyone into the spirit, even if they say they "hate" it. They don't. How could you?? I'll tell you how. You can't!

I leave you humming "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow."

2 comments:

  1. How do zombies adapt to the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zombies freeze just like everything. Most people will head North at the beginning of the Apocalypse thinking they have a better chance of survival. No Zombies, but then again no food....

    But, yeah. They freeze because they're made out of human flesh and human flesh freezes. But unless their brain is destroyed, watch out come the first big thaw of spring.

    ReplyDelete