Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why does it have to end?

I was on vacation for 8 days down in Florida. Yes, I went to Disney World and yes, I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park. I loved every minute of my vacation with my family. How many people can say that? I'm sure not many. It was the best possible vacation I could have ever asked for.

Of course, I hoped for a easy transition back to New York, work, responsibility and the "real world." Did I get it? Absolutely not!

It was raining and thunderstorming in New York when we flew in. The assistant to the President is out and I have to cover for her. I have to pay all my bills in the next 2 weeks. My laptop is dying and probably had a horrible virus that no Malware, Adware or Virus scans can find. I got stuck in an elevator in New Jersey for like 10-15 minutes on Independence day (tiny elevator with 9 adults and no ventilation).

The World slapped me right in the face with reality. There goes my post-vacation high. Now, I'm hinging on depression and I want dessert with every meal. (We were on the dining plan at Disney which meant every lunch and dinner meal came with entree, drink and dessert.) I'm trying to find a way to visit home and my parents in September so I can give myself something to look forward to. I'm going vacation crazy right now!! It's all I want, freedom from my life.

However, I did score one point because nothing bad happened to me in Disney World. I wish I could go back.

Point 6: World, Point 2: BB

I leave you humming "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes."

No comments:

Post a Comment