Friday, June 3, 2011

A Zombie Moment in Time

This past Saturday night my sisters and I were riding the train home talking about the day we had just had. I was sitting across from a guy who kept looking at us. Turns out he was looking at my shirt which was, of course, a zombie shirt. The reason I know this is because he looked at me and said "Nice shirt. I love zombies."

I replied that I did too and that I loved wearing that shirt. We talked a bit as we stopped at the next station and a girl got on and sat down beside us. My sister Jen said, "Well, all I'm saying is that the subway is the last place I want to be during a Zombie Apocalypse." The girl made a slow turn of her head (with her mouth open) until she was staring at us. All of us stopped talking and looked at her, trying to figure out if she was having some kind of a stroke.

She wasn't. Unless you count realizing there are others in the world that take the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse as serious as you do a stroke.

The rest of the ride was spent going over survival techniques and weapon choices with our new friends. Now that's what I call a great train ride home!

I leave you humming "It Only Take a Moment" from Hello, Dolly!

No comments:

Post a Comment