Friday, June 17, 2011

Point 5: World, Point 1: BB

You know, World, you really had me going. Here, I thought that you were super preoccupied with Anthony Weiner, when really you were just biding your time until you could spring your next trap. Last night.....at 4:30 AM.

I went to bed last night saying to myself, "It's ok, I'll get 7 hours of sleep and be able to function." Little did I know...

I was woken up, all of a sudden, by something I don't even think I can describe adequately. At first I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. So, for the first few minutes I was just deliriously wandering around my room trying to get it to stop. Starting with my air conditioner and ending with my clock radio. It wasn't coming from anything in my room. I walked out into the hallway and realized that it was coming from outside our building.

The sound was a piercing, unearthly sound and one that I have NEVER heard before in my life. All of my roommates were woken up by it too. We looked outside and couldn't figure out what it was coming from or what was producing it. That sound was at such a sustained pitch it was setting something off in my head.

We still have no idea what it was. I'm convinced that it was part of an alien invasion that the government has covered up. It got me thinking, while I lie in bed trying to force myself back to sleep (after it FINALLY stopped), that it would be the perfect warning alarm for zombie raids. I was awake before I knew what hit me.

Yeah, World, you did well on this one. But just remember, I'm going on vacation soon and nothing bad can happen to me at Disney World. It's the place of dreams......right?

I leave you humming "Cum On Feel the Noize."

1 comment:

  1. I heard this strange high pitched whistle. You know, like the one a referee would have. PK realized that it was a cicada. Then we heard another. And it kept me up ALL night.

    Orlando? Ugh, so close to me.

    ReplyDelete