Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm sorry...what?

I had to share this.

James Franco and Praxis have joined together to create a museum called "MONA." It stands for "Museum of Non-Visible Art." If you haven't put two and two together yet, it's a museum of invisible art.

Yep, that's right. You would walk into the gallery and look at a card describing the "art" that you're supposed to be imagining. You would PAY to see this "art."

Their page on KiskStarter says, "Although the artworks themselves are not visible, the descriptions open our eyes to a parallel world built of images and words."

This sounds like the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Really, I know I'm from the Midwest, but come on. Even I'm not mesmerized by this part of the "big city."


Oil Painting - "James Franco's Credibility Going Down the Toilet."

I leave you humming "Imagine."

No comments:

Post a Comment