Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wonderland? More like Awfuland.

So....I saw Wonderland last week. It was truly one of the worst shows I have ever seen. The plot was horrible and the writing was even worse. Usually the music of a show has the ability to save a show in some small way. In this case, the show was 10 times worse because of the music. I'd like to find Frank Wildhorn and shake him, asking, "What the hell happened and are you a pod person??? Because this music is not Frank Wildhorn's music, it can't be!" This music could not have come from the same man who made us weep with Civil War and be titillated with Jekyll & Hyde. Impossible!


My sister and I spent the last 10 minutes of the play laughing. We weren't laughing at moments that were deliberately humorous, we were laughing because it was THAT bad. Please don't pay to see this show. In fact, don't even see it for free unless you want to see the worst show on Broadway right now. I don't know what they were trying to accomplish with this show but they epically failed. The only redeeming song was "One Knight" because:


Well, you can see why. Also, it was the only song that was intentionally stupid.

I leave you humming "A Very Merry Unbirthday" because it will be a very unmerry unbirthday if you spend 2 hours and 20 minutes of your life seeing this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment