Monday, April 11, 2011

September 14th, 2017

The above date is something I just figured out. It's the date that I'll finally pay off my student loan. These are the circumstances that will make or break that date:

Make the date:
1. If I continue to pay the same amount every month.
2. If my interest rate doesn't go up.
3. If I don't lose my job.
4. If I don't have children.

Break the date:
1. If I can't continue to pay the same amount every month.
2. If my interest rate goes up.
3. If I lose my job.
4. If I have children.
5. If I win the lottery. (In this case I'll pay it all off early.)
6. If the Zombie Apocalypse occurs. (In this case you should consider all student loans paid in full.)
7. If I marry a rich man who wants to pay off my student loan because he loves me.
8. If I die before I'm 31.

As you can see I have a lot of hope of  paying off my student loan on time.....

I don't know if doing the math on this one made or broke my spirit. Why do we have to pay for education? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Think about it, especially in college I did all the work. Most of my teachers didn't care so I taught myself. Not only did I have to pay for that education, I didn't get paid for teaching myself. Education should be free in this country! Why isn't that the "change" that every president talks about giving us? Garr...

I'm just in a bad mood because I had a fight with the printer this morning. Stupid thing. I wanted to kick it but it's the company's and not mine. I won anyway, I never doubted that I would. It's just annoying doing battle with an inanimate object that won't win.

I leave you humming David Bowie's "Changes."

No comments:

Post a Comment