Monday, June 7, 2010

Splice...

More like slice my eyeballs out...


IPJ and I saw Splice on Friday. Both of us wish we hadn't. I spent $13.00 to see a movie that put Species and five different Greek Tragedies together and called it a "Sci-fi Horror." It seemed like a good idea at the time. We were both bored and had a free afternoon.

Please don't see this movie...It's just weird and makes you feel squeamishly awkward countless times. And scary? Not this movie. I laughed more than I felt suspense or anxiety. Over all, it was pretty pointless. At least we had fun together.

The whole time I kept thinking "Why aren't they splicing fruits or vegetables?" That's completely harmless. No one can be hurt and they're not pushing any moral boundaries. It seems that's all the movie was relying on; you to be shocked with moral outrage in hopes that you won't notice the giant plot problems. We noticed. (Plus, who wouldn't want to try a strawnana or a pearrot?)

I leave you humming "If I Could Turn Back Time." Man, I wish that I could....

No comments:

Post a Comment