Monday, March 1, 2010

Point 1: World, Point 0: BB

I'm not even going to mention how disappointed I was to watch Team USA lose to Canada in hockey yesterday.

Instead I'm going to talk about how disappointed I was to be woken up last night at 1:40 AM.

There I was, sleeping peacefully and being lulled into my deepest REM cycle by my white noise. I thought in my head, prior to me sleeping, how great it would be to wake up feeling completely rested on Monday morning. What a way to start my work week. That's when NYC decided to bring a bulldozer to clean the snow from in front of the bus stop that's in front of my apartment. Really?

Let's list why it was completely senseless for this to happen:

1. It was 1:40 in the morning on a Sunday night.
2. There wasn't that much snow. If it was that important Beau and I could have moved the same amount of snow with the bucket under our kitchen sink in ten minutes.
3. Have they ever heard of good old-fashioned, quiet man labor?
4. I now understand why I have to pay so much in taxes. NYC has a bulldozer coming to clean up 2 FEET OF SNOW!
5. The high today is 46 degrees. 46 degrees!!!!! It would have naturally melted today!!!
6. During the snow storm the roads in Midtown were so clear the plows were pulling up pavement. Washington Heights was completely neglected. How are we patient people repaid?! By a bulldozer. "Clearing" away two square feet of snow from 1:40 to 2:30 AM.

Fine, World. I get it. I'm not allowed to start my work week rested. You know what? You suck.

On a better note, I finally got to see my favorite blog come to life this weekend. "He Who Laughs Live" was really one of the funniest works I've ever seen. (I'm not just saying that because I think the playwright is awesome.) It was wonderful to support such a wonderfully titillating endeavor. Congratulations Hewholaughs!

I leave you humming "You and Me Against the World."

2 comments:

  1. Awww. That just made my afternoon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration...."

    ReplyDelete