Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The MTA is getting worse...if that's possible.

I heard two completely unrelated pieces of news about the MTA yesterday.

1. They are cutting funding on a lot of different things, including pest control. That's right ladies and gentlemen, pest control, meaning the rats in the subway. It has been bad enough that there are so many rats they crawl all over the train platforms. Now they're going to layoff a bunch of pest controllers. Great idea. Really.

2. Secondly, I just read an article about how half the cameras in our subway system are not turned on to save money. Really good way of keeping us safe NYC. Now that you put it in a article, every criminal now knows this information.

Thank you Mayor Bloomberg and the MTA Committee for raising our fares and lowering pest control, safety measures and slashing services all over the area. While I'm at it, thank you for never running the way you're supposed to below 14th Street and constantly being delayed while smelling like sweaty gym socks. Mostly, I thank you for cutting weekend service so I have to take the local train downtown which doubles my travel time.

Thank you.

I leave you humming Dido's "Thank You."

No comments:

Post a Comment