Monday, March 29, 2010

Lent is almost over!

As most of you already know, I've given up everything that's good in the food world for Lent. Okay, so not everything that's good, but certainly all sweets. It's been hard, however, I have not once faltered.

Every week has been harder and harder, with the cravings increasing more and more. Yesterday I was walking home from the store and was one block away when I heard music. I turned around and realized the ice cream truck was creeping down the street toward me. Picture if you will a scene from a movie where the heroine is being slowly stalked down the street.

I stopped and the truck stopped, I started walking faster, as did it. I turned the corner onto the street I lived and it followed. I raced up the steps of my building and into the front door. Catching my breath, I turned around and there it was, parked directly in front of my building under the guise of giving the kids across the street some ice cream. Yeah right, I know what it's up to.

Lent is almost over and I have not once cheated! Take that World! BB: Point 1, World: Point 2.

I leave you humming "Theme from JAWS."

No comments:

Post a Comment