Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thank goodness for food!

Here it is. The moment you've all been waiting for. The Thanksgiving blog. It was...to say the least....a-mazing. I went home to be with my family where I was enveloped in love and stuffed with my Mom's food. Here is a list of what we had for dinner:

1. 21 pound turkey (also a 9 pound turkey breast)
2. Mashed potatoes with gravy
3. Homemade noodles
4. Green bean casserole*
5. Stuffing*
6. Dinner rolls
7. Pumpkin pie (2)
8. Blueberry pie
9. Cherry pie
10. Apple pie (2)
11. Bottle of Pinot Grigio
12. Bottle of Sparkling Grape Juice
* Food that I made

All this was supposed to feed 9 people, and boy did it. It fed all 9 people for a full 4 days. It was all so amazing. To be surrounded by so much love and food made this, quite possibly, the best Thanksgiving I've ever had. Also, I think I ate 4 times my own body weight in food. I just couldn't stop. I was eating even though I wasn't hungry anymore.

Well, I hope every one of you had one just as good!

I leave you humming "Be Our Guest."

No comments:

Post a Comment