Friday, November 6, 2009

Tinker Toys and Heroic Champions

So, by now all of you know the Yankees have won the World Series. This is their 27th series win and I couldn't be prouder. I was watching the final game when it hit me; I live in the same city as the Yankees!!! When they got that last Phillie out I heard rejoicing all over the neighborhood.

They make me a little prouder to be a New Yorker. I saw an article where it said all of New York City is in a "Yankee state-of-mind" today. I think that's true, especially with the Ticker Tape Parade happening this morning. I wanted to attend that parade so badly. I know that it's thousands of people crammed into a small stretch from Battery Place to City Hall called the Canyon of Heroes. But, I wanted to experience it for myself. I've always been a Yankees fan and to be in this city when they win for the first time in 9 years is epic. But, I had to work so I have to make do with pictures...



Every time they talked about the Ticker Tape parade, I kept thinking they were saying Tinker Toy. Imagine, if you will, a whole parade of floats made from tinker toys. Ha....

I leave you humming "We Are the Champions."

No comments:

Post a Comment