Friday, August 14, 2009

High School Again?

I just watched the movie 17 Again last night. I thought it was a really cute movie. My first reaction to Zac Efron is slowly changing. He seems to be learning the ropes of being a good actor. Maybe because he's finally playing a real character in one of his movies. Maybe because he was playing the counterpart to Matthew Perry. Whatever the reason, this movie worked for him.

I just heard that he turned down the lead in the Footloose remake. GOOD FOR HIM! For two reasons: One, he needs to get away from those Musicals and break out as a new actor. Two, that movie should never be made. I didn't even really like the first one, but even I understand the importance of a movie icon. I get it. Why do we need to remake every classic movie? Doesn't anyone have any original ideas anymore? You don't need to answer that.

Anywho, the movie was cute and I enjoyed it. It made me long for a high school sweetheart to marry myself. The time of marrying your high school sweetheart is long in the past. It really just doesn't happen anymore. My grandparents were HS sweethearts and are still happily married. I didn't have a high school sweetheart, so maybe I missed out on something. But then I think about the boys in my school that I would have been sweethearts with......maybe I'm okay with that.

Meeting people online has become so common. Our generation finds it easier to remove ourselves from the social limelight and text or get on a computer. We're a lot more comfortable that way. It's not necessarily a bad thing either, we just process differently than our grandparents. Take my grandma; she graduated high school, married her sweetheart, had 8 babies and became a stay at home mom raising them. Now take me; I graduated high school, graduated college and moved to New York City to get a job and be on my own. I know there's someone out there for me and he didn't graduate from my high school.

I leave you humming "Earth Angel."

No comments:

Post a Comment