Thursday, August 13, 2009

Early Morning Singing Song

Up at 6:40 AM on a Thursday morning for one reason. Cupcakes. Who wakes up early to bake cupcakes? Apparently I do. Don't get me wrong, I love cupcakes. Probably more than the average person. But, no one in their right mind bakes cupcakes as soon as they wake up. I mean, I even got up earlier than I needed to be to make these cupcakes.

I'm sure you're wondering by now why all this transpired. Well, I decided to be the nice friend and co-worker and make Birthday cupcakes. I had a wonderful plan to make them as soon as I got home from the show. Then I was to frost them in the morning before work.....best laid plans and all that. Next thing I knew, I was bleeding and looking down into cupcake soup. In my exhausted delirium I must have put too much water in the mix and in the process cut my thumb open on who knows what!

Isn't it funny how a process as simple as baking premixed cupcakes can turn so evil and demented. One day I'll put this in a play. Blood and tears: A Cupcake Drama. Long story short, I ended up waking up this morning, running to the grocery store (which was closed the night before) buying cupcake mix and running back to my apartment to bake them up. All before 7:30 AM. It's a good thing my roommates weren't around this morning. I experienced a (much deserved) grumpy, raincloud over my head mood. Lucky for my co-workers, they complimented my devilcakes. I would have had some kind of attack if they hadn't.

Even if I was grumpy, I've never had so many people wish me a good morning as I made my way to the store. Are people happier the earlier they wake up? It seems when I leave for work around 9:15 no one will give me the time of day or even cares that I'm a human being. Maybe I should always get up this early. Or maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

In the end, everyone won. Cupcakes for all. I leave you humming "We are the Champions."

No comments:

Post a Comment