Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I hate the Summer

I was standing at 72nd Street last night waiting for the local when something happened that is uncontrollable and have everything to do with it being summer. I felt a trickle of sweat slowly roll down my back. So gross. Here's my top ten reasons to leave the city in the Summer, like I can't.

1. Sweat will roll down your back slowly and annoyingly as you wait for a train that seems to take 10 times as long to reach your station.
2. The people are EVERYWHERE and in the way of EVERYTHING.
3. You can't walk down one street without smelling that hot, putrid, garbage smell.
4. The subway cars smell like sweaty people.
5. There are people sweating on the subway cars.
6. My hair looks like a yeti's, with all the humidity.
7. While waiting for the train to come, you stand in the oppressive heat thinking, "Well, at least when the train comes it will bring a breeze." No, the train comes, pushing a horrible cloud or extremely hot, bad smelling air ahead of it.
8. My apartment is UN-air conditioned (luckily, I can sleep because I have an AC unit in my bedroom).
9. The heat gets trapped in the cement buildings, cement streets and cement sidewalks and stays there....Forever...
10. Our freezer doesn't work, because it's old and stupid and the heat kills it.

So, I will say it again, all of you summer lovers: You love summer so much? You can have it. I hope you're all happy, because it's only June and NYC is going to be close to 100 degrees tomorrow.

I leave you humming "Summer in the City."

No comments:

Post a Comment