Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Freedom, at last!

I finally did it. I got a haircut.

It's the best thing that's happened to me since...well, I don't know when. It's above my shoulders and layered and it's everything I wanted it to be.

I'd like to spread the word about the salon that I went to. It's called Sam & Chris Hair Salon and it's on Broadway between 78th and 79th Sts. I can't even begin to tell you what a wonderful experience I had there. Everyone was super nice and friendly. The salon is tiny (only 3 chairs) but what they lack in space, they make up for in talent and personality.

Also, I'm telling you this because normally in the city you can't get a hair package deal less than $50. Especially if you have long hair and want to go short. At this place you can! I was shampooed, conditioned, expertly cut and then meticulously styled all for $57. Remember, that I was going from really long to short, I mean, he cut off 7 inches. I know that it less if you're just going in for a couple of inches cut off.

I think they stay open due to word of mouth, because they don't even have a website. If you're in this city and want an affordable haircut, you need to call them and make an appointment. Look, I'll even give you their number: (212) 873-6868.

I have never been more happy to have my hair short again!

I leave you humming Barry Manilow's "Looks Like We Made It."

No comments:

Post a Comment