Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thank God for Fleet Week

Yes, it's that time of year again: Fleet Week and Memorial weekend. This means that the Hudson is full of military vessels and the streets of New York are full of military personnel. It's one of my favorite times of year. I'm sure you know why.

Last year I went on a tour of the USS Iwo Jima with my roommate (bless her heart, she had to deal with me drooling all day) and had an amazing time. The guys were great, charming and lots were super handsome. This year my sister is visiting from the Midwest for the weekend so we'll have some great eye candy as we do all of the touristy things.

I've been practicing pick up lines for those boys in uniforms:

1. It must be hard to keep those white uniforms clean. If you marry me I'll do your laundry for free.
2. I'll let you be my "Officer" if you promise not to be a "Gentleman."
3. I can cook!
4. You know, I come from a long line of Patriots...
5. I'm not asking you to go to the Halls of Montezuma or the shores of Tripoli, just out to dinner.
6. Heave that ho there Sailor and come with me!

They're still a work in progress. It's not my fault that I have a high appreciation for a man in uniform. Blame it on my Mother; she married a cop.

Happy Fleet Week and Memorial Day! (I'll be out enjoying the festivities with my sister, so I won't be writing until next week.)

I leave you humming "The Boys Are Back in Town." (Oh, yeah. Sorry Dad, for all of the Marine and Navy stuff. Don't worry, I love the Army guys just as much....or maybe you should worry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment