Friday, May 6, 2011

"Mama...just killed a man..."

This post is dedicated to my Mama.

Songs that I've sung to her:

Mama Told Me (Not To Come) - Three Dog Night
Mama Said - Shirelles
Mamma Mia - Abba
One Hot Mama - Trace Adkins
Renegade - STYX ("Oh, Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law...")
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
This song - From Bringing Down the House (start watching the video at about 1 minute and 30 seconds in)

Reasons she's the best Mom ever:

1. She cooks and bakes like no other...mother.
2. She puts up with my horrible nicknames for her (Mama Llama and Mama-la-booba-la)
3. She laughs at my lame jokes.
4. She always gives me hugs when I want them, even if it means sacrificing her personal space.
5. She gives me permission to buy things when I've guilted myself out of buying them.
6. She guilts me better than I can guilt myself.
7. She is the nicest and most supportive human in existence.
8. She carried me and my twin for 9 months and gave birth to us. (Thanks for that, by the way!)
9. She made me a full-on Civil War era dress for Senior Dress Up Day in high school. She even bought me a hoop skirt to go with it.
10. She is my Mama.

So, Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!

I leave you humming whatever song is stuck in your head after reading this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment