Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time Flies...

when you're extremely busy.

Because it's a new year and I'm going to be writing in my blog more here's what happened and what you might have missed in 2010:

1. The Earthquake in Haiti
2. AVATAR. The 3D movie, the IMAX 3D movie, the re-released IMAX 3D with additional footage, the DVD release and the Special Edition DVD with additional footage. My soul mate.
3. 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver where we saw many US triumphs and failures.
4. The President of Poland was among 96 people who perished in an airplane crash in Russia
5. The volcanic eruption of  Eyjafjallajökull disrupted airplane traffic and the opening of the show performing at the theater I used to work at. Imagine what we had to tell patrons; "Hi Mr. (Insert Name). This is (Insert Name) from the (Inset Name) Theater. Unfortunately, due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland we've had to cancel your scheduled performance."
6. THE OIL SPILL, which did not hinder the schedule at the New Victory, but took several months to plug up.
7. I went to Six Flags!!!!!
8. I started my new job. I'm loving it and doing it well. No more angry patrons yelling at me for something I have no control over.
9. In August, the World Health Organization declared that the H1N1 influenza pandemic was over.
10. I received my first ever bout of food poisoning, and 5 months later, I still can't eat Indian food.
11. Thirty-three miners in Chile were trapped 700 meters underground in a mining accident. After 69 days, they were all brought back to the surface alive.
12. My show Way to Heaven started back up again....and we're...still...doing it.....
13. My sister, Loo, moved to the Big Apple.
14. On November 23rd (Happy Birthday to me) North Korea shelled Yeonpyeong Island, prompting a military response by South Korea.
15. In celebration of the day of my birth, I went to a karaoke place and karaoked in front of people for the first time. (I'm no longer deathly afraid of it.)
16. No Zombie Apocalypse occurred.....this year.

I leave you humming "The Best is Yet to Come."

No comments:

Post a Comment