Friday, June 11, 2010

Talk about a "Great Adventure"

I went to Six Flags over New Jersey this week and it was a-mazing. I haven't been to a theme park since I was in high school. I've missed roller coasters, that's for sure.

IPJ invited me to go with him and another friend, so we bought a couple of bus tickets and headed on out to Great Adventure. We ended up staying there the entire day. It was a lot of fun being on a roller coaster again. I forgot how much I love the feeling of near death. I will admit, the first ride we went on scared the crap out of me. I screamed the whole ride. It wasn't even normal screaming it was me screaming things like "Oh my God!!!" and "I'm gonna die!!!!" But I'm still posting so clearly I didn't die.

Our favorite ride of the day was NITRO. It was pretty awesome and we rode it four times. Two of those times we rode in the front. The video that follows is the front car perspective of that ride:



I want to go again and I'm thinking my roller coaster addiction might have resumed. I'm also thinking that anyone who would willing subject themselves to a possible death by roller coaster is just crazy. I'd have to count myself in the bunch though.

Go to Six Flags (or if you're in Ohio, go to Cedar Point, because it beats Six Flags' coolness).

I leave you humming Patsy Cline's "Crazy."

1 comment:

  1. I went w/ IPJ there a couple of summers ago and it was the BEST summer day EVER!! I had a great time. I'm so bummed that I won't be able to go away for a day of roller coasters for a while. Boy, my fun comment turned sad quickly. Sorry, love ya!

    ReplyDelete