Monday, May 10, 2010

I scream, you scream....blah, blah, blah

I had an interesting ice cream weekend.

On Saturday Beau, IPJ and I went to a place called Emack and Bolio's. It's an ice cream shop on Amsterdam Avenue between 78th & 79th. Not a bad location and cute, clean and small. It was a pretty warm day to begin with as we walked there from the 96th St. Subway stop. It was really windy and we held onto each other as we walked. This place serves ice cream made at the beginning of the week, so it tastes really fresh. I had a scoop of Vanilla Speck and one of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. It was nice to sit there eating ice cream and talking with my roommates. The only thing wrong was that Elyse couldn't be there. (Note: You might want to go on a warm day so you can eat your ice cream outside; there are only 3 chairs available inside at the window.)

Then yesterday I got that hankering to have ice cream again. My insatiable sweet tooth was nagging at me and I needed something to ease it. It called for ice cream. I decided to go to the grocery store and buy some. As I walked there I decided I would get some other things to....that....I needed. I get there and grab a basket. I walk through and randomly put items in the basket that I thought I should probably have, all the while muttering to myself as I go. "Yeah, I think I'll want to make an omelet sometime this week." In go the eggs and bacon. "I should probably have something other than water to drink at some point this week." In goes the apple juice. All this is because I don't want the only thing in my basket to be the ice cream my sweet tooth so craves.

I turn the corner to the frozen food aisle...and all of the freezers are off. That's right. At some point this weekend all of the freezers broke. The managers didn't clean them out, so beyond the "Do Not Open These Doors Under Any Circumstances. Thanks, The Management" signs the room temperature ice cream was laughing at me. I slowly made my way to the check-out counter and I'm forced to buy the items in my basket so it's not a wasted trip. Woe is me.

I leave you humming "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment