Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

The time has come for another Birthday! I have just turned 24 (yeah that's right, groan and tell me, "You're so young!"). It's not THAT young, do you know how hard I've worked to remain alive for all of these years? All the near death experiences I've lived through. The dodging of cars with kayaks on top of them, the choking on food, and the many plane trips to name a few.

So take that world! Here I am, and I'm 24 years old now. I believe this is the first year of my "mid-twenties."

I’ve had a great weekend leading up to today. Taken out for cupcakes, fed pizza with a movie, taken to Chat n' Chew (my new favorite place to eat) then to Cheap Shots, where we had.....you guessed it, cheap shots. Then today I welcomed in my Birthday with Kate and Beau at 12:00 AM. I blew out my candle that was stuck into a loaf of zucchini bread Kate's Mom made me. Then I went to bed and woke up to French toast in bed, made by Kate herself. So sweet. I love my roommates.

This day can only get better, and did. At work Louise greeted me with a hug and bouquet of tulips. Mama Llama and Popo Jijo sent me some flowers as well. I was overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness. Next Erica and Staci came in on their days off and brought with them cupcakes and ice cream. Not only that, Staci bought me a Where's Waldo book!! I was in heaven the rest of the day!

Thank you everyone for making this day so special. And a HUGE Happy Birthday to my twin and favorite wombmate, Loo! I hope your day is going as great as mine!

I leave you humming "Birthday." (By the Beatles....youtube it if you don't know it. Loo and I used to sing it to each other because we're twins, and it totally works for us!)


1 comment:

  1. And you got taken out to have your picture taken with firefighters?! Sooooooo awesome! Eliza and I miss you very much. Happy birthday to my dear sweet loving friend, Auntie BB!

    ReplyDelete