Thursday, October 8, 2009

NYC Cabs

First off:



Second, I have a story for you.

When I was on my way to the airport a couple of months ago my cabbie was waiting in the right turn lane. That's when he noticed the red car beside him had its turn signal on as well. He rolled down his window and what followed was the most bizarre experience.

Cabbie: (in a beautiful Middle Eastern accent) Excuse me. What did you think you were going to do?
Red Car Man: What?
Cabbie: What did you think you were going to do? I see you have your blinker on. Did you mean to cut me off and turn?
Red Car Man: Blah, blah, blah.....
Cabbie: Did you think you were going to cut me off? You are lucky I saw your blinker. We could have been in an accident....where would we be then?
Red Car Man: Blah, blah, blah.....
Cabbie: My cab is insured. If you hit my car, I would be okay. Do you have insurance? I would hate to see your beautiful car in an accident.
Red Car Man: Blah, blah, blah.....
Cabbie: I will let you in when the light changes. Think of this in the future.
Red Car Man: Blah, blah, blah.....
Cabbie: Have a blessed day. (Rolls window back up. The light changes and he waves the red car over into our lane. We all turn at the light, without incident.)

This was the best cab ride I've ever had. My cabbie was just amazing. Just a wonderful man with a big heart. I gave him like a $15 tip when we safely arrived to the airport in record time.

I hope you can have a similar cab experience one day.

I leave you humming "Big Yellow Taxi." (Joni Mitchell's version, not that other guy's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment