Monday, August 31, 2009

Home, Home on the Range

Okay, so my original home isn't on the range, but it is in the Mid-West. That's close enough to a range. I went home for a friend's wedding, just for the weekend. It was nice to visit home. The weather was beautiful and it was wonderful to see so many trees. I even got to drive....almost heavenly. I was actually able to spend quite a bit of time with my family. My sisters and I stayed together and my parents came up for the wedding. You know what that means, free food! I love my parents.

I flew back on the earliest flight, leaving at 6:40 AM. The flight could have gone better, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. For example, the baby across the aisle could have cried the whole way, but she didn't. Also, the guy beside me could have fallen asleep on me instead of rudely elbowing me the whole trip getting things out of his bag. And last but not least, the woman in front of me could have smelled bad, on top of thinking it's fine to recline her seat in the economy class seating. (People that still think there's room crack me up.) But, the best thing about the flight was the seat belt. I got on board, located my seat, stowed my bag above and took a seat. I went to buckle the seat belt and found that I had to tighten it.

Does that make anyone else happy, to know that you're smaller than the person in your seat last. I don't know why, but it makes me incredibly happy.

So, the flight could have been worse. For that, I can be thankful of my less than perfect flight. I was sad to leave my family, but I had a truly wonderful weekend.

I leave you humming "Leaving on a Jet Plane."

No comments:

Post a Comment