Friday, January 20, 2012

Point 50: World, Point 2: BB

This is the most nightmarish week I've ever experienced...maybe in my whole life. And that's even counting the week I had to wrap 300 company Holiday gifts in the span of 2 days while trying to get all of my other work done.

Let's start at the very beginning (it's a very good place to start).

Kate and I are moving to Jersey [INSERT worst Jersey trash joke you can come up with HERE]. We're tired of the city and want a change in scenery for awhile. After weeks of searching we found the perfect place. We were supposed to move in on January 28th to this newly renovated dream.

PROBLEM 1: This week we found out that our apartment won't be ready until February 15th. We still have to move out over next weekend so Kate and I will we homeless for 2 weeks. Luckily we have amazing friends that are already living in Jersey and are willing to put us up for the full 2 weeks (bless their hearts). Also, the moving company we hired can put our stuff in storage and then move it to the new place for us on the 15th.

So, we're feeling relatively better about that. Also, the new landlords have been extremely responsive and seemingly genuinely concerned about losing us as tenants. That's more than we get from the current place. Speaking of which - we've had a sublet in the apartment since December 1st. She's young and pretty cool... or so we thought.

PROBLEM 2: We've been concerned about our sublet for the last 3 days because she's been in her room every time we get home and not being responsive. I of course, thinking of the worst case scenario, have already imagined her dead in her room rotting slowly - the strong smell of her perfume covering up the smell of the 2 day young corpse....Unfortunately that's not what happened. IPJ came home last night and said to me "I've been thinking about [Name Withheld] and I think she moved out without telling us." I couldn't believe it - no - wouldn't believe it. We ran down the hall to her room and, after knocking twice and yelling her name, we opened the door. Everything was gone.
COMPLICATION 1: I immediately checked my bank account to see if the 2nd rent check she gave me (after the first one bounced) deposited ok. It didn't and, instead, followed in it's brother's footsteps by bouncing as well. So that means that I covered her rent of $675.00 this month. Great.
COMPLICATION 2: She's CLEARLY not applying for the lease in out current apartment (from hell) like she said that she was. So, I have to call the current Management Company (from hell) to make sure they know that she's NOT going to sign any lease that they send her.
COMPLICATION 3: This is about the time of year that I have some kind of mental breakdown - but boy, did this one take the cake. I called my Mom and sobbed to her on the phone for 20 minutes. I'm sure that you can imagine me sitting on the floor in the bathroom pathetically weeping to my Mom about the injustice of it all.

Also, last week I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with extreme exhaustion and severe stress. Yep, you read that correctly. It's probably because the stress is causing me to not sleep.

PROBLEM 3: See Problem 1 and 2 and imagine how that can effect my sleep. I mis-set my alarm last night. Instead of setting it to 8:00 AM it was set to 8:00 PM. As you can imagine I didn't sleep well last night so when my alarm DIDN'T go off I did what any other exhausted and emotionally drained person would do....I slept in. This of course caused me to be 40 minutes late for work.

And the problems keep on coming....

Ok, I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for bearing with me.

I leave you humming "Carry On (My Wayword Son)."

1 comment:

  1. And your grammar is slipping, which is really the worst thing of all.

    ReplyDelete