Monday, May 23, 2011

I Almost Died

Yep, it's true. I almost died on Friday. My roommates and I went to 6 Flags Great Adventure last week. It rained, it was awesome, we had fun and we went on the Kingda-Ka....

It looks like a giant tombstone, doesn't it?

So, here's what it does:

It shoots you straight from 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. You travel up vertically at a 90 degree angle of the Earth and then over a deceptively tiny hill and then back down vertically at another 90 degree angle to the Earth. Did I mention that it's 456 feet tall (45 stories)? Well it is. It's also terrifying.

My roommates and I all thought that we were going to die and we had a blast. Best. Ride. Ever.

I did not, however, die with the coming of the Rapture. I notice that we're ALL still here. No one has ascended and no one is writhing in any more agony than usual and I definitely don't see anyone doing so in the mud. I guess one of two things happened.

1. The Rapture did happen, only no one ascended, including those holier-than-thou individuals in Times Square. So, I guess the "writing in agony" bit is a slow burn? It comes on slowly?

2. The Rapture did NOT happen. We're all still here, un-ascended, living the rest of our lives until the Zombie Apocalypse or the implosion of the Sun happens (both more likely to end the world than the Rapture).

I leave you humming "A Little Fall of Rain" from Les Misérables.

No comments:

Post a Comment