Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When are you getting ashed today?

Happy Ash Wednesday everyone! That is if you're Catholic. If not, Happy Wednesday to you.

Today is the beginning of Lent. That means no meat on Friday and giving up something you love (or in S's case adding something good). This year I have taken a huge risk. I will be giving up ALL SWEETS. That's all kinds and any kinds of sweets.

This means (and is not limited to):

Ice cream
Cake
Chocolate
All Candy
Donuts
Hot Chocolate
Danishes
All Dessert Breads (No bread made by Elyse)
Cupcakes
Jello
Pudding
Mousse
Pie
Cobbler
Frozen Yogart
All Pop
Cookies
Brownies
Etc...

So, I'm going to be in a lot of pain for the next 40 days and nights. Well, not actual pain, but I will be going through withdrawal.

I leave you humming "I'll Be Seeing You." (Specifically, the part "I'll be looking at the moon, but I'll be seeing you...")

No comments:

Post a Comment