Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day and Valentine's Day

Yep, I'm blogging today, which means I'm at work. Perfect way to spend a holiday. I was hoping that everyone would be too busy or too lazy to call in today. I was wrong. Nothing is quite how it should be today. Even the train, which I thought would be on time because it's a Monday, was running late and making all local stops.

Oh, brother.

I was sitting there listening to "American Woman" and trying not to curse the MTA into oblivion. Yes, it's a holiday but I (and many other people) have to work and would actually like to be at work on time. I think that if a holiday falls on a weekday, the trains should be running like normal. NORMAL, I TELL YOU!

I asked Elyse yesterday "If I had an anger management problem would you still be friends with me?" She said that she probably would not. I understand why; I'd be crazy....well, crazier. I don't blame her and I applaud her for her honesty.

Speaking of yesterday...it was Valentine's Day. I celebrated with my roommates. It was really great. At three Elyse and I got a phone call from IPJ asking if we wanted to see Stupid Name and the Pagan Gods: The Electricity Robber (I'm just kidding, I just don't like Percy's name...) We're all very excited to see this movie. So, we said yes and ran downtown to see the 4:15, which happened to be sold out. Instead of moping, we all decided to go to Alice's Tea Cup. Great Scones, decent hot chocolate, terrible service.

After that, We met up with Beau and another friend at an Indian restaurant on 6th Street that IPJ picked. This was my first time eating Indian and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Great company, great food and great service. This was by far one of my favorite Valentine's Days ever.

I leave you humming "Lovin' You."

1 comment:

  1. who put that rhinoceros on this bus?! And WHAT is that smell?! And which one of em' is getting off first?!

    ReplyDelete