Thursday, February 4, 2010

Neighborly Affection

The other night we made first contact with our neighbors. Not the Chinese Von Trapp, but the ones in the apartment that our apartment looks straight into. We've noticed the girls across the way, how could we not? Our apartments match up perfectly window for window.

I was talking to IPJ and Elyse in the kitchen when something out the window caught my attention. I looked over and realized the girl next door was holding a sign up. It said "Do you want to come over? I made muffins!" I thought it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. So, we nodded and started to get ready. I put a bra on and IPJ put on pants...an epic night for us both. We trooped down the hall, all wearing the pjs that Beau's mom sent us for Valentine's Day. (Well, except IPJ, who actually put on jeans, go figure.)

We met Rachel and Christy and found out that we all have a lot in common. The two are Opera singers and we love to sing in our apartment. It was a wonderful time and we all enjoyed Christy's blueberry muffins. We also openly admitted to watching each other through our windows. I think they could tell we had roommate drama.

I believe we're going to have an interesting neighbor relationship. We're even going to Opera night at the neighborhood Italian restaurant.

I leave you humming "Won't you be my Neighbor?"

1 comment:

  1. Why am I not suprised that you, IPJ, and Elyse have these type of adventures. I'm excited and jealous of your fun. Only in New York, kids.

    ReplyDelete