Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sleeping....

I think sleep is funny. I know that doesn't make sense. It's not like thinking about sleep makes me laugh out loud, or anything. It just strikes me as funny. Think of the things we do in our sleep.

Some people snore. I do when I'm sick. It's not my fault I have to sleep with my mouth open because my nose is plugged. Just picture me sleeping with my mouth open, it's ok. I'm going to be honest, sometimes there's some drool. It happens, you know? I bet you've woken up in your sleep, lying in a small pool of drool. A drool pool, if you will. (Sorry I had to.)

My sister Kate used to sleepwalk. Once, she was convinced we were moving. She ended up in my parents' room trying to take their clock-radio to "pack" it up. They gently told her we were not moving and that she should go back to her bed. She told me that sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night, standing in front of her bedroom door as if she's about to go out. Talk about creepy. But she's never killed anyone in her sleep.....that I know of.

My other sister Loo talks in her sleep. Mostly it's just gibberish. But once, I swear she yelled "But BB, it's my turn to throw the ball!" I don't know if she believes me, but that's what I heard. I don't know why I didn't give her the ball in her dream; maybe it was the evil version of me. Did I mention this was when we were in high school? I don't know what ball she was talking about. Maybe she had a repressed childhood issue she was letting go of in a dream. If so, I cannot be held accountable for my actions as a stupid kid. Sorry Loo, if sometime in our childhood years I didn't give you the ball.

My biggest problem concerning sleep is my mood. I'm like a grizzly bear deep in hibernation. If I'm woken up before my alarm goes off, run for your life. There's something in me that snaps when my sleep had been disturbed. I don't know when this happened. I think it started in high school. Kate would wake me up for school and I would pretend to be asleep. She would continue to wake me up and I would get so annoyed. Then it got to the point where I would wake up earlier than she was supposed to wake me up. Just so I didn't have to hear someone wake me up.

Now here I am....killing anyone who comes into my lair. Mumbling in your sleep doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

I leave you humming "Talking in Your Sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment