Thursday, September 3, 2009

Unbelievable

Please, someone tell me what's wrong with this World Wildlife Fund ad.


Caption: "The tsunami killed 100 times more people than 9/11. The planet is brutally powerful. Respect it. Preserve it."

Listen, I understand the message but this was too much. The topic is too sensitive to make ads like this. Personally, I even get shaken when a movie preview announces opening on 9/11. It's just a knee-jerk reaction that I can't prevent. Hearing it puts me back in a specific place with a specific emotional state of mind.

But it also makes me appreciate the tings I do have. My family and friends, my job, and my apartment. All things I have, that I sometimes don't appreciate fully. Today I'm thinking about my family. Also, missing them a little.

I leave you humming "Far Away."

No comments:

Post a Comment