Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Roommates, Good God Y'all

Beau and Macaroni were in rare form on Sunday and Elyse wasn't even there to help me. I call it World War III. They had so many ridiculous breakdowns and arguments I wanted to pull my hair out.

Beau: (bursting into my room and holding the Mom Calendar*) BB, Macaroni put his name on the calendar but no one else's.
Macaroni: It was taking you too long so I did it myself.
(both now standing in the doorway of my bedroom)
Beau: I'm sorry I have to work for a living! If you put your name on the calendar you have to put everyone else's on. That's the way it works.
Macaroni: Why does it matter?
Beau: It matters because I always put your name on it and decorate around it for you. Then you just put your name on, and no one else's, which hurts my feelings.
Macaroni: Well, you know what Beau? Grow up! Just grow up!!
Beau: (jaw tightens and she gets that "I'm going to kill you" look in her eyes) Grow up?! That's really mature Macaroni! You are such an asshole.......(slams my door and yells back down the hallway.)

Their exchange lasted all of one minute and I just sat there on my bed with my mouth open staring at the ridiculousness of the situation. I thought they were going to kill each other. Little did I know that when I woke up that morning I was going to be a casualty of WWIII.

Later that day they made up and we all laughed about it. We even had a rommie date, seeing Inglourious Basterds and having a wonderful time. A terrible day turned into a good one (thankfully.)

I leave you humming "War."

*The Mom Calendar is a day-by-day calendar where you write the names at the top of each column. Helpful for keeping track of what everyone in the "family" is doing on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment